Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-01 Origin: Site
Everyone who wants to learn to bake and learn how to make birthday cakes is a basic skill and the most difficult hurdle. How to quickly master the skills of cake spreading? This article explains in detail the techniques of wiping cakes with pictures and texts. The window paper will break at one point. Once you have mastered these skills, you will get started. You will never be afraid of wiping cakes in the future!
Tips for spreading cakes (Special reminder: try to operate cake spreading in a room below 18 degrees throughout the year)
1.The flat cake embryo is the basis of cake spreading.
2. Use a cake embryo divider to evenly cut the cake embryos. Generally divided into 2 or 3 layers. In this way, there will be no situation of high side and low side.
3. The cream used in cakes, especially light cream, sugar (the cake surface made with fine sugar or powdered sugar, coarse sugar has particles and matt), cake bowl, whipped cream head (all items in contact with the cream are (Below 18 degrees), be sure to put in the refrigerator for more than 2 hours. Because whipped cream is easy to melt above 20 degrees.
4. There is no sugar in whipped cream. Generally, the ratio of sugar to cream is between 7-15%, and 10% is more commonly used.
5. Use a whisk to whip the cream, and pay attention to the state of whip (70% whip state): Whip until the lines appear, stroke it with a spatula, close the butter slowly, use a spatula to scoop up the butter without slipping off. This state can be applied to wipe the face.
6. Put cream suitable for spreading noodles in a piping bag and put it in the refrigerator for later use. The remaining half continued to pass.
When the whisk has sharp corners when lifted, the whisk is 80%, suitable for cake interlayer and simple decoration, and 10% is dry and suitable for complex decoration.
7. Place the cake base in the center of the cake turntable, smear a few smears of cream on the bottom and place a layer of cake embryo to compact it by hand to prevent displacement during the delivery of the finished cake.
8. Spread cream on the top, add fruit, add cream, smooth the cream; add the cake base, pay attention that the second slice must be aligned with the bottom, add cream, fruit, cream, smooth, and add the top The cake base is lightly compacted by hand.
9. Use scissors to cut off the edges of the top cake embryo. If you don't cut off the edges, it will not stick to the cream, and the yellow edges will be exposed when you scrape. Put cream on the surface of the cake and smooth it with a spatula.
10. Cake spread
10.1 When the tool is on the top of the cake, the butter moves downwards (except for one cut and one slice). When the cream is on the side, the cream moves inward. When moving the spatula down, be sure to remember that the turntable is placed on the left side of the body, and the spatula is placed at the nine o'clock position.
10.2 The opening angle between the tool and the surface is always maintained between 30 degrees and 40 degrees. Note: For one cut and one slice, the cream needs to move upwards, which can reduce the downward pressure of the cream and prevent the edge of the surface from collapsing.
a. Spread the noodles on the side of the cake-"a piece of cake"
Scrapers are used for spreading the sides of the cake. There are flat and serrated ones. The flat is the foundation, and the jagged ones can increase the artistic sense of the cake. When scraping the side of the cake, place the scraper at the four o'clock position, align the center line of the person's body at the 6 o'clock position, and use the middle finger with the left hand to turn the turntable and place it at the 8 o'clock position. Pay attention to these three positions , Don’t change the position at will when you start scraping, especially the left hand (the position of the hand that rotates the turntable).
b. The scraper should be perpendicular to the turntable and open about 35° to the side of the cake (this angle is the most comfortable angle for the human body to do this posture and the most suitable angle for smoothing the fresh cream), stick the scraper to the surface of the cake, left hand Rotate the turntable at a constant speed with the right hand at the 4 o'clock position (the angle is also the same) and be vertical until the side of the cake is smooth.
10.3. Spatula on the surface of the cake-"one cut":
a. The spatula must be held firmly and firmly, and remember that once the tool touches the cream, no fingers can be forced or loosened.
b. The position of the spatula's drop point is between 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock, and the blade surface of the spatula is always perpendicular to the top plane of the cake, and the tip of the knife cannot be extra (the raised part must meet the radius Place).
c. When the tool moves to the center of the cake, it must be slow first and then fast (because when the tip of the knife drops, you must wait for the turntable to complete a circle before moving to the center. When moving about 2cm in width, the spatula can move quickly The center point of the cake moves, remember that when moving, the entire spatula must be at right angles to the radius of the surface until the center point of the cake).
d. When the spatula is closed, the bottom surface of the spatula must always be attached to the top surface of the cake, otherwise there will be a lot of burrs. When the tool is closed, the wrist must not be moved, and the tool can only move to the center of the cake.
e. Make good use of the inertia of the turntable when closing the noodles (be sure to shake the turntable up quickly with your left hand, wait for a few seconds, and check whether the position and angle of the tool is correct, and then make the tool touch the cream). It's easy to close by facing one cut.
10.4. Remove excess cream from the bottom of the cake.
The scraper and the cake base are at a 15-degree angle. Turn the cake turntable to separate the cream on the bottom edge from the main cake body. Use toilet paper or a clean wet wipe to wipe off the excess cream. The cake is completely wiped.
As the saying goes, those who are difficult will not, but those who are meeting are not difficult. If you master the above essentials and practice more, you will become a skilled decorator.